Dental Surgery Trójmiasto
Dental surgery is a branch of medicine dealing with surgical procedures in the oral cavity of both hard and soft tissue. These are the treatments performed mainly in an policlinic setting.
Such treatments like root tip resection (surgical removal of inflammatory lesions or cysts situated at the tip of the root), hemisections (removal of one sore root molar or premolar) – allow you to save a tooth that otherwise would have to be removed. To the “classic” surgeries performed in clinics are: extractions, surgical removal of impacted teeth (mainly ‘eights’), art connections with oral maxillary sinus, treatment of complicated abscesses.
In recent years, a large part of dental surgery is implantology – complement of the missing tooth or teeth with artificial material implanted in the alveolar ridge kind of screws the titanium already cercon. This is an analog of its root, onto which tooth is reconstructed.
Modern surgery is also the treatment of soft tissue: shape correction of the gums, overgrown frenulum and numerous treatments to prepare and improve the effects of prosthetic and orthodontic treatment. All procedures are performed under local anesthesia, in the case of longer treatments often under general anesthesia. Currently, surgery is the specialty of interdisciplinary and in most cases interacts with other specialties of dentistry. Close cooperation between specialists gives much better results of the final treatment and, consequently, patient satisfaction.
Surgical procedures related to the treatment of other areas of dentistry include:
- Remove irritating mouth fibroma, epulis, papillomas and other inflammatory lesions on the mucous membrane, Alveoloplasty anatomical conditions for improving prosthetic reconstruction. li>
- That hemisection procedure saves the rest of the tooth often constituting the sole pillar of the foundation fixed partial denture.
- Exposing impacted teeth (usually the third tooth in the jaw) for further orthodontic treatment using fixed appliances.
- transplantation – a procedure involving the relocation of a tooth from one place to another dental arch. Can be transplanted “eight” in place of the lost “sixes”. Shall also apply to this type of treatment in case of delayed eruption of the canine incorrectly located. Li>
- In a situation where the tooth supporting tissue disappeared and the ligament surrounding the tooth with bone are destroyed, performs treatments leading to the regeneration of bone and periodontal tissues.
- With the rapid development of endodontic treatment significantly reduced the number of treatments required resection of the tooth root inflamed, but still in some cases is the only method of treatment.
When periodontal disease treatments are invaluable:
- Root planing closed (also known as kieretażem) – involves a deep cleaning of tooth roots using surgical methods (separation of the gums and cleaning, giving therapeutic effects)
- Root planing open – surgical exposure involves a thorough cleaning of the gums and tooth roots. The treatment ends with suturing the gums, so they heal easily. This type of kieretażu eliminates the inflammation of gingiva, leading to the inhibition of periodontal disease.
The loss of even a single tooth is not indifferent to the whole of the toothing and every loss needs supplement as soon as possible. Leaving a blank space after the tooth is a serious mistake. Teeth form a cohesive team so they begin to move or extend to meet with others which they might contact (Godon phenomenon). The loss of one or more teeth gives you several options to supplement them. One of them is to place the implant in the bone, or artificial root. The success rate of dental implants is high. The long-term effect of the treatment is due to the Titan, but all the time, research is aimed at improving the material forming the implant to shorten healing time, reduce to a minimum the risk of rejection and improve cosmetics.
In recent years there has been a significant shift in implant treatment. Until recently, the implants were placed in the jaw bones only in places where there were appropriate dimensions and density, which limited the possibilities for their use. Currently, placement of implants is planned where they are most desirable from the point of view of the prosthetic. This has become possible due to the development of techniques for guided bone regeneration (GBR). During wound healing of bone occurs as a partial replacement by connective tissue clot, which then disappears. But if such a wound is covered with insulating material (membrane) connective tissue and epithelium from the clot, bone tissue arise. On this assumption is based controlled bone regeneration. In some cases, there is a lack of sufficient and good quality bone, in which case it is necessary to use bone with natural or synthetic origin.
The regeneration of bone tissue is used not only during implantation, but also in cases such as:
- with extensive extractions;
- after surgical removal of impacted teeth;
- after enucleation of bone cysts;
- after resection of the root apex;
- in treatments osteoplastycznych eg. to increase the alveolar ridge;
- sinus lift;